Thursday, February 15, 2018

Glass On My Mind

Welcome to "Glass On My Mind". Here is the coolest part of the name we chose. The first letter of each word spells our name, GOMM! Yea!

 I have so much to share with you. Glass projects are everywhere in the studio and my enthusiasm is so electric that I wake up in the night thinking about what I want to do next.

Glass is truly on my mind. The project I would love to introduce to you as the first post is a series of four cherry blossoms. We are still working on the third one and then one more to go. The clients are so nice and have an amazing home where these windows will reside. They have seen the cherry blossom festival in Japan and wanted that same feeling in their bathroom. How fun is that?

We met together to talk about colors, the feel of the subject, and of course, price. One of our unique selling points is to invite the client to be a part of the project. She was able to look through our glass and choose the shades of pink that reminded her of the beautiful cherry blossom trees.

 I drew the first two designs with lots of open space As your eye moves to the top of the tree in the third panel, there you are greeted with a cacophony of pink, white and green. You get lost in the flowers. Can you just imagine soaking in the tub, covered in bubbles and looking up at these windows? I know I would be in the water so long my skin would look like a prune. Aah.
The cutting did take a while, then there was foiling the pieces. Soldering and cleaning is the final stage.

The third window has 475 pieces so it is time consuming, but oh the finished product.

Thank you for joining me. I hope we have many conversations about the art of glass and the art of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...