Friday, March 2, 2018

Light up my Life

Louie, you light up my life! We visited the Museum of Art at BYU this week. Ashlee Whitaker led us in a tour of Louis Comfort Tiffany art glass.


The walls were black which only enhanced the color and texture of the glass.




I'm so grateful for modern tools. It takes me long enough to finish a window without having to cut the copper into strips and heating my iron over the fire.



This Wisteria Lamp!


I love how he layered the glass in the mountains to show perspective.



LCT hired women to design and chose colors. We discussed how maybe he thought a woman's hands could cut and shape the tiny pieces. My fingers get pretty sore after a few days of cutting so I hope they got lots of breaks.


Louis and his team had a way of choosing the perfect glass for the application. I wish this photo showed the delicate textures in the girls blouse and the pages of the book.

Filigree dragonfly wings. Amazing


We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and came home inspired. The show will continue through May 5, 2018. If you see Ashlee, tell her we said "Hi".



No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...