Saturday, October 20, 2018

We are all made of stardust

"We are stardust, we are golden, and we have to get ourselves back to the garden." Joni Mitchell sang the Crosby Stills and Nash song about going to Woodstock with pizzazz. I was taken by the phrase "We are stardust" because it is true. We really are made from billion year old carbon. I can lose myself while gazing up into the night sky just allowing myself to be a part of the universe and realizing all that is possible to learn. While exploring the meaning of life, the time of man and the what it means to get back to the garden,  I find myself designing all kinds of stars.
Just today I took a batch of mini stars out of the kiln. I love the variety of colors and the way they change as the heat melts them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...