Sunday, January 6, 2019

Patterns Everywhere

You can't open your eyes without seeing patterns. As a matter of fact I see them when my eyes are closed too. They are everywhere. I smile when I hear an interviewer ask where an artists' ideas come from. How can you pin that down? Ideas are floating around our heads a mile a minute. It's settling on one that's the tricky part. I think our job is to be amazed. When we are amazed at our surroundings we find the art in the moment. While writing "Mandalas for Meditation", a book of patterns and essays , I paid attention to the circles, squares and curves of meaningful things. Just bringing together a few of these mandalas was a labor of love. Here are just a few of the windows I built for the pages of this book.
It was inevitable that "Mandalas for Success" would follow. I thought of how entrepreneurs became so connected with their logo and their brand. This is not only to encourage revenue but also to relate to the core of the business they were beginning. Not only is this relevant to businesses but also to everyday life. A mandala is like a vision board. Symbols are collected to articulate the feeling and purpose behind the brand or the intention. The feelings of your heart can come out in the lines and curves of the design. Here is a peek of some mandalas inside "Mandalas for Success".
I would be thrilled to help you design a window for your home or business. There is meaning and function to the glass art you choose.



You can order these books and also videos by clicking this link. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...