Sunday, August 25, 2019

Keeping Up With My Students

At a recent Summer Soiree' we visited with a few previous students. Their homes were decked out with gorgeous stained glass. Most of the pieces were built in out studio through the years. I was so proud of their work and the way they have decorated in art glass. It's fun to make sure I am keeping up with them. One of my favorite things is to see students creations installed in homes and businesses. As you scroll through these beautiful windows I hope you say to yourself, I bet I can do that, or , I bet Jeanne would build me a window like that. You know I would love to.

 Our soiree' started in the back yard. We enjoyed a lovely BBQ while surrounded by beautiful glass on the porch.



 Above the staircase is this amazing glass piece set in a found frame. 



 The theme of the home was rustic western and the animal windows were a perfect addition.



 This lamp wasn't hand made but I had to include it because it was so pretty.



 The sun was a piece of agate and the flowers were fused in our kiln. I appreciate the craftsmanship and imagination in DeeAnn's work.



 The bathroom had a water theme with old photos of Salt Air and family swimming trips. The window was made with bottles found in a Ghost town. It is so cleverly arranged. 



 Here is a close-up of the bottles. Cutting the bottoms off these bottles was no easy project. 



 More amazing nature windows.



 Close-up of the rustic frame around the majestic Elk. The frames were made by her talented husband.



 The front door welcomed us to the home gallery. At least it seemed like a gallery. 



 We then had desert at Susan's home where this window lives in the front door. I love the colors she chose. 



 The antique cupboard is the perfect place for these intricate cabinet windows. 



Close-up of the cabinet inserts.



I wanted to show you the front door as part of the entry.

 Even the laundry room is decked out in style.



 More of the laundry room window.




Thanks Dee Ann and Susan for the delicious dinner and amazing home tour of your glass projects. Be sure to check out the interview with these wonderful friends on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/betterstainedglass

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...