Sunday, September 15, 2019

Friends in the Community

As an artist I am always looking for ways to relate with my audience. It's a challenge to get in front of clients and collectors. One way is to enter shows. I try to have a piece or two in a show all the time. If art lovers can't find me, they will never know if they want to own some of my work.
 Another way to rub shoulders with potential buyers is to make friends with gallery owners. I say make friends with them because I think the relationship between artist and gallery owner is a close connection. 
The relationship I would like to focus on in this blog is the partnership with a store owner.  After visiting different  boutiques, shops and other retail establishments you get the feel of where your work would be most likely to sell.  I admit I pay attention to the look of the store and the personality of the clientele. If I think they are a good fit I strike up a conversation. It's important to feel comfortable with the manager so you know it will be fun to work together. After this initial meeting you can get down to business. 
I have found two places recently that I hope to work with for a long time. Brambles and Blossoms and Rustica Hardware. We have been discussing Christmas decor and how I can be a part of their seasonal look. Following are some photos that they are considering. As Christmas approaches in earnest they will be using more stars in their decoration and we will work together to benefit both of us. These managers have already become friends and I know we will enjoy our relationships together.








No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...