Sunday, April 8, 2018

Start to finish. Book sculpture and Cherry Blossoms




Some projects in the works 









From start to finish I enjoy building stained glass windows and mosaics. When I start something new I can't stop thinking about it. This is the mosaic that is going in a big book sculpture. It has been a blast putting symbolism into each part of the project. This mosaic is revealed as the book is opened. It is life from the darkness of the womb to the passion and splendor of everyday living. At the end of life we are reminded of the importance of  spirituality, family and our basic values. Then, inevitably, we are drawn to the light and are able to find out what is on the other side of what we know.
I love the border. I can't wait to get it painted to get the full affect, 


The grout changes from black to white. I wasn't sure that was going to work but I like how it turned out.
















The cover is a window of Dogwoods. This symbol is all about new life and beginning. 
   





Cherry Blossom Windows

There is a lucky bathroom waiting for these lovely windows.

We have been working on 4 Cherry blossom windows. This is the last one. The finish of one project just means the beginning of another. Du "debut a' la fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...