Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cleaning for clarity

Getting clear in my business involved clearing out and cleaning up the studio. I should have known this would help because I cook better in a clean kitchen so it makes sense that I would work better in a clean studio. The truth is that I usually work on more than one project at a time and stuff gets messy. Truth number two is that finishing a project feels so incredible and freeing. Today we get to install some bathroom cabinets and I am already giddy about getting two more windows put in their permanent homes. My mantra yesterday while I was scrubbing and sweeping was " Every corner I unveil makes me feel a little bit lighter". It's true. Sure, things get cluttered and the studio will see many more days of three or four windows in various stages of completion. That's just how I roll. But once in a while it will look like this. Scroll down for studio awesomeness. 

I even added some plants for two reasons. 1. They brighten up the place. 2. I wanted the oxygen they provide to compensate for the solder, chemicals and other unwanted gunk in the air. Since it's Spring I can open the doors and welcome in the fresh air.

Every corner I unveil makes me feel a little bit lighter. Just hanging up the brooms and dustpans in this corner was like magic. 

Even Spidey is happy here.


The glass is so much easier to slide out of this corner now. 

You can't even imaging the transformation of the back part of the studio. This is where David builds crates, frames and all stuff wood. I am so excited to see the table tops again. On the back table is our "Book of Life" sculpture. I can't wait to tell you about that too.

I am ready to get some major work done in this beautiful space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...