Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Cut them up and put them back together





How would you like to have a mosaic in your home like the byzantine mosaics of old: So maybe you don't have 10,000.00 to spend on one of these masterpieces. No fear, we are offering a beginner class on mosaic building here at the studio. Starting Saturday, July 7, we are offering two sessions of cutting bits and pieces of glass and putting them back together in a fun design. I have some designs for you but we encourage unique designs also. You will receive a 7 x 7 inch frame, enough glass for your project, glue and grout to finish your (almost) byzantine masterpiece. Sign up by messaging me or go to our web site for more contact information. Other similar workshops have been lots of fun for the students and they finish some awesome projects. The price is only $75.00 for  two consecutive Saturdays.
I am excited about sharing what I have learned about stained glass. It's a beautiful, meaningful and functional art that has been around for a very long time.

This is a byzantine mosaic probably from the 12th century. I love the detail. 


This cute cherry was made by cutting glass from a pattern I drew. You can use small squares or cut out shapes ,

I made a series of flowers, fruits and vegetables in mosaic bits. I have so much fun putting them together.


This is the tray you will be building your mosaic in. It is 7 inches square and will be perfect for your first project. 
I got ambitious and built a 12 ft. by 6 ft mosaic art project. It took three months but was lots of fun. It is hung at the Smith's Market Place in Springville, UT, in the food court. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...