Sunday, March 24, 2019

From Peaches to Buffalo


The last few months have been spent building windows for Casa Del Sol. I love the family who have requested these fun designs. The assignment was to make 10 windows that depicted aspects from their farm in Mexico. The tricky part was I couldn't use any color, only clear textured glass. Challenge accepted! They already have some windows that they built in a class they attended in our studio and wanted these to match. The rotunda where the windows will hang has a beautiful black chandelier that we didn't want to  compete with. 



I started with juicy peaches on a branch. I tried to find glass that looked fuzzy.



Then we decided on a sun peeking over the hill.



While making the almond trees I was wishing I could see their beautiful ranch.


Every farm needs a tractor.


Long Horn cattle graze in their fields.


The Mesa Arizona temple is  a special place for the family.


Another splash of sunshine.


And then there were Buffalo.


An iconic windmill at the farm.


Don't forget the chili peppers.


The windows turned out great and I enjoyed the hunt for different textures of clear glass. I can't wait to get a photo of them installed. I have to admit, the next few windows I built after this project were saturated with color just to even things out. What designs are reminiscent of your home? Stained glass is a unique and meaningful design element to showcase your interests.Lets get together to design yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...