Saturday, March 16, 2019

Why You Need Stained Glass


During a class this afternoon, Shelly and I had a conversation about why we love stained glass class. We came up with a variety of reasons that I would like to share with you today. 

     1. Stress Relief

Shelly works in a high stress job with lots of responsibility. She volunteers at a veterinary clinic one day a week but still needs an outlet just for herself. Her passion is Disneyland and has visited there many times. It was perfect for her to spend a few hours a week in stained glass class making Disney windows for her own pleasure. "It gives me a focus apart from my hectic job where I can let go for a few hours."

2. Tap in to your creative side. 

Studies have been done recently that point to the benefits of spending time on a creative project. Learning something new fires different neurons we don't usually exercise. You may find a new talent you never know you had.

3. Time to interact

Shelly came with her daughter for 6 weeks of quality time. Relationships take effort. Sharing a class of creative activity where you also can laugh, talk and learn is a wonderful way to interact. Then every time you look at your project hanging in your home you remember the fun time you spent together.

4. Satisfaction

Completing a project feels good. After a class of cutting, grinding, fitting, foiling and soldering you go home with a glass panel to be proud of. This is why I teach stained glass classes and why I invite you to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...