Sunday, August 18, 2019

Give It One More Push

Lately I have been trying to give it one more push at the end of the day. After I think I've put in a pretty good effort I tell myself "What if you finish super strong?" That might mean soldering for 10 more minutes, cutting out 5 more pieces, writing 3 more pages, designing one more pattern, entering one more post or preparing one more thank you card.
What ever it is, that extra push makes a big difference. I feel accomplished, strong and satisfied with my day. Just for fun I'd like to show you some final hour projects for your inspiration and enjoyment. 

This extra push was to clean and copper patina 35 Nova stars. It feels great to have a project complete so that the next day when I enter the studio I'm not finishing yesterday's work.


Just one more hour got this first side soldered. This week I will finish this window and hopefully get it installed in the client's home. I'm excited about that.


These note cards were made by my friend, Rene'. Writing a last minute thank you card on these beautiful cards is a pleasure.


Once in a while our artist friends get together for a fun evening of visiting and silliness.


After a busy day in the studio, I'm ready to turn out the lights, unplug the iron and say good night. It's time for family and friend time. Sometimes I would be fine to snuggle up on the couch with a good movie but taking time to visit and have a snack with those you love is, well, Hygge. I just learned that word which means cozy and comfortable. Taking that extra time to nurture relationships is such a blessing. I encourage you to finish each day with flair. Congratulate yourself for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...