Tuesday, May 29, 2018

No Surface Is Safe

No surface is safe

Lynde Mott presented “What we  learn from Jane Austen” I love her presentations but my mind wanders. There is so much to see in her home. No surface is left untouched by her creative hand. The Nauvoo room takes me on a virtual tour of Mormon history. Every inch of floor, wall and flat surface is adorned in lovely painting. Her creativity is inspiring. In each window is a stained glass panel. Some were found in antique stores, some on e-bay and some were made by our studio such as the  Pioneer women entitled “Creative Opposition” I have only captured a small portion of the beauty of the home. Find a virtual tour by searching Lynde Mott’s home tour. It’s wonderful.


If that hasn’t peaked your imagination perhaps this brief tour through the fabulous antique store “Cat’s Cradle” in downtown Provo, Utah will. I always find treasures waiting for me there. I was especially taken by some fused glass mobiles made by Higgins Glass Studio in Riverside, IL. I left with some fantastic hats that I can’t wait to wear.


There is so much to experience and learn. I am drawn to beautiful glass no matter where I land. My studio is open for classes and visits about your stained glass dreams. You can find more of our work at Gomm Stained glass or www.gsg-art.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...