Thursday, June 7, 2018

Stained Glass for therapy and fun

I have been so blessed to be able to teach stained glass to hundreds of students. I am pleased at their  extraordinary talents and enthusiasm for the art. More than a few have said that they think about or dream about their projects during the week before their next class. Many have contacted me after their session to thank me for the lovely window panel that hangs where they can enjoy it every day. The colors and designs chosen are inspiring. Along with the sharing of stained glass skills we have amazing conversations, meet new friends and learn about fascinating subjects. We have met attorneys from Russia, marathon runners, musicians from local bands, midwives, esteemed artists, and fifth grade teachers to name a few of the wonderful students who have graduated from our course. At this time we have openings for summer sessions and would like to invite you to join us in the stained glass studio. Please call at 801-344-0178 to set up a time for your class. (or go to https://www.gsg-art.com/stained-glass-classes.html )

After Karl's first set of classes, We started a 3' by 4' window for his new restaurant in Midway, Utah. I will take you on a virtual tour when it opens.

When a student's window is almost as beautiful as the student, we are on the right track. 

The smiles are more valuable than the unbelievable masterpiece created. More photos of this piece installed in blogs to follow. It takes your breath away. Lynde Mott designed the window and is for hire for paintings and murals.  

This sweet little window is for a Father's Day gift. Go Steelers.

It may have taken months of classes but as you can see it was worth every minute.



On another note, this morning I went to the dentist about pain in my jaw. Looks like I'll have to wear a mouth guard because apparently I clench my teeth, who knew?. The visit was helpful and I'm sure I will feel better soon. The visit was also successful because I was able to get more photos of the windows we made for Dr. Weist's office. It is satisfying to think that our windows might calm a patient coming to the office in pain or anxiety. The staff were friendly and Gary Weist was thorough and knowledgeable. I was honored to have artwork there. Now to take care of my TMJ (Temporomandibular joint syndrome). Or.. when I feel stressed and my jaw is tight,  (Try Meditation Jeanne).





Don't you agree that offices of all kinds deserve beautiful stained glass. I thought so. We would be overjoyed to build windows for your home or office.
Please contact us for a free consultation. 801-344-0178

No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL IN

I was thinking of the different ways we use the word "Fall"; In the military "Fall In" is to take your place in for...